Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Daily Struggle – an Emotional Rollercoaster

Bookmark and Share

Roller coaster In a “corporate” job where you always answer to somebody more senior then you (and, more importantly, where responsibility can be passed off).  As a struggling entrepreneur, I am always, and only, answerable to myself.  This makes for a very bipolar emotional rollercoaster because all of my successes and failures are magnified . . . .

 

In the morning I may “sit around” and answer a few emails, but I will still feel unproductive because no “progress” is being made, no money is coming in, or no milestone is being reached.  Furthermore, some new risk or potential barrier usually emerges.  I’ll feel lazy, apathetic, and generally horrendous.  Then, BAM!, all of a sudden a new tangent, a new opportunity, or an improvement to an idea – generally progress – emerges.  Over the course of the last couple weeks this “BAM” comes during a “networking” meeting where one of my ideas is disected and some solution or new approach is suggested.  The excitement of new opportunity or a light at the end of the tunnel is heavenly! 

 

Is there prozac for entrepreneurs?  Well, at least I have Yoga!

1 comment:

  1. i hear you. i used to do yoga several times per week back in the states... i haven't found a yoga studio here in Japan yet. but that was the best therapy!

    ReplyDelete