Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dr. Strange(looking)Jew or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Indian Entrepreneur

Bookmark and Share

000strangelove Although I have just "Left the Corporate” so to speak, it is interesting to speak with friends of mine who are still in the business of investing.  I can already see a difference in perspectives on how to approach "investing” (both in terms of time and money) . . . . Financial hilarity ensues (for those of you who do not get it, don’t worry, you are probably not financially savvy!):

 

Azeem: So here are the 8 ideas I have, 3 of them I am more serious about; think service businesses focusing on a transfer of knowledge . . . you know, consulting.  I need cash dude!

 

Joe: Ummm, none of those ideas are scalable . . . i would never invest

 

Azeem: I need cash!  I don’t care if they are scalable, I can figure out how to expand the business model later.  Baby steps!

 

Joe: Look, just build me a scalable idea and then spend all your savings and max out your credit card debt for the next two years until you hit it big . . . that’s how the Americans do it!

 

Azeem: Worst advice ever. I don’t want to gamble away my ENTIRE savings (which, incidentally is small anyways)

 

Joe: You’re so Indian

 

And finally . . . . do you get the title now?  The title is a parody of Dr. Strangelove??? Come on people!

1 comment:

  1. Getting the first customer is a project in itself. It is also a surprisingly self-revealing path. You learn more about yourself as you go through it.

    ReplyDelete